Masseria Ferruzzo is located in the Apulian countryside near the town of Ceglie Messapica. The farmhouse which dates back to 1836, has four distinct bodies which face an internal courtyard. There are 2 two-story buildings, plus two 1 level wings.
The main building has a small portico on the ground floor and two flights of stairs that lead to the upper floor. What was once the main floor of the whole complex has been retained in original local stone and majolica. The vaults are cross-vaulted, barrel-clad, and rampant: two of them are frescoed.
Inside the main hall there is a stone altar closed by two doors of painted doors with effigies of different saints. These interior doors have been recovered and restored. The entire building as a matter of fact is made of masonry bearing local ashlars. In the lateral and right-hand side of the entrance, common rooms, living rooms, bookshelves and common bathrooms have been created.
To the right of the entrance four apartments have been created, each equipped with a bathroom, a kitchen, and dining area.
The structure as a whole has 22 beds.
The farm covers 79 hectares of olive groves.
The olive groves and gardens are formed by 12,500 plants over the course of 20-30 years with an irrigation system of about 300 trees.
In the 2017/2018 olive oil production Masseria Ferruzzo produced quintali 1282.1 of olives roughly 42,736 liters of olive oil.
The types of olives that are cultivated here include: ogliarola salentina, cellina di Nardò, Melfi, Carolea and Coratina. The land directly in front of the main entrance is arable land of about 20 hectares with organic wheat varieties. On the right hand side of the property where one enters there is a wooded area which covers cerca 8.2 hectares filled with beautiful trails excellent for biking, horseback riding, and cross trail fitness. Along the path furniture has been made out of local wood materials excellent for relaxation and entertainment.
E1-Agricultural area of large farms
ICEA certified for organic agriculture
Olive oil production enterprise
Historical 1836 building retained and restored
79 hectares of olive groves
20 hectares of organic wheat
8 hectare wooded area
4 independent buildings
Painted interiors, masonry work, local stone, cross-vaulted ceilings