LIVING APULIA RENTAL BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rentals run from Saturday to Saturday (7 days / 6 nights) unless arranged otherwise
Arrival & Departure
- Arrival times: between 4 pm and 7.30 pm (unless otherwise agreed upon – please advise if needed): N.B. for late arrivals after 7:30pm there may be an extra charge of 50 Euros applied. After 10:00pm it will be not possible to arrange check in.
- Departure times: before 10.00 am (unless otherwise agreed – please advise if needed):
Any delays or variations must be communicated at least 48 hours before arrival.
- No refund will be given if the guest is unable to take up residence in the property on the expected day or at the scheduled time owing to travel problems. The same rule applies to early departure.
Deposit and Balance Payment
Deposit and balance payment are due by bank transfer as follows:
- 30% of the total amount within 3 days of receipt of contract indicating confirmation of booking option.
- Full balance due 60 days before first day of rental period
- If your stay begins within 60 days of your scheduled arrival, the total balance is due within 3 days of receipt of booking contract indicating confirmation of option.
- Please note that wire transfer payments to Living Apulia may incur additional surcharges applied for an international transfer in addition to making a transfer in EURO – contact your bank for terms and conditions relative to your account.
- Your booking will become a confirmed reservation upon receipt of the deposit and the signed copy of this contract returned to Living Apulia via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contract is confirmed by payment of the deposit; in the event of failure to pay within the terms of the above-mentioned deadlines, the rental will be considered cancelled within six days.
- In the case your rental agreement begins within 60 days of your scheduled arrival, the entire balance must be paid to finalize the contract. Failure to pay the balance of the rental (within 60 days prior to arrival) leads to automatic cancellation of the rental and the loss of the deposit on the 59th day.
- Upon receipt of the sum agreed upon and outlined above, we will forward the guest all details pertinent to reaching the property, meet and greet and on site contact name and contact details prior to arrival. You will also receive a customized LAP Welcome Pack with insider tips for making the most out of your time in Puglia. Although prepared with the utmost care, the descriptions and photographs of the properties are indicative, and actual properties may be subject to change.
- 30% deposit is non-refundable
- A penalty of 50% of the total price is applied to cancellations between 60 and 40 days of scheduled arrival.
- A penalty of 100% of the total price is applied to cancellations within 39 days of scheduled arrival.
- In order to concur with the above conditions any cancellation requests/declarations must be received in writing via email and receipt acknowledged by Living Apulia.
- We highly recommend travel insurance to both protect your investment prior to your arrival as well as to assist in the event of medical emergency, lost baggage, cancelled trip or any other trip-related issue. We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance at the time of initial payment to protect yourself in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds for unavoidable events according to the terms of your insurance policy. In the event of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. catastrophic event(s) – force majeure), we reserve the right to void this contract, and refund the full amount paid.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by the Owner for reasons not having to do with the incorrect behavior of clients nor through any other fault of the client and if an acceptable alternative is not found then the Owner must issue a full refund.
- A refundable security deposit must be paid on cash upon arrival and will be held in a non-interest bearing account. Without said deposit the property owner is entitled to refuse Client access to the property. In the event that any piece or part of the property (including furniture, fixtures, decorations, structure, equipment, etc.) is lost or damaged or any extra service has been requested and/or executed for or on behalf of the Client in residence, the owner or his delegate will deduct the amount from the deposit which will either in it’s entirety or its resulting balance, be refund upon check out. Judgment as to the condition of the property is left to the sole discretion of the owner. Should any damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, the Client agrees to pay the additional charges upon demand based on signing this contract.
Cleaning and Order
- The entire property must be delivered and left clean and in order. Crockery and other equipment in the house (such as furniture and fixtures – including but not exclusive to chairs, blankets, etc.) must not be used or transported out of the property confines. Candles and oil burners are not permitted inside the house and must be used with great care on paved terraces.
- After delivery, repairs of breakdowns caused by the Clients and those of ordinary maintenance (resolution of plumbing issues (ie clogged toilets or sinks due to misuse), damages to furniture/fixtures/equipment and to the property itself, stains on mattresses and bed covers, broken crockery) will be charged to the Clients and the amounts will be deducted directly from the security deposit.
- In situations where additional time is required to assess total damages and cause for said damages, the custodian of the property will retain the entire security deposit and will return any remaining balance together with receipts detailing the expenditures for repairs carried out following the departure of the Client.
Utilities, Services & Other Extras
- All extra services specified above and/or on confirmation are either payable in advance to Living Apulia or due in Euro upon arrival/departure or during your stay as stipulated. All said extras due in advance to Living Apulia will be itemized on your booking confirmation. Any additional extras due in local currency will be itemized on a Balance Invoice prior to your departure upon request.
- All telephone land-line charges, whether from telephone or fax are your sole responsibility. Long distance charges must be put on a credit card, calling card, phone card or similar billing method. Direct-dialing long distance calls from the house will result in our holding your Security Deposit for up to 14 weeks.
- If Utilities are per-usage based on your contract package listed above; meters will be read on arrival and departure and the exact charges will be due on departure.
- If you leave without being checked out as arranged, you risk the forfeiture of your entire Security and/or Extras Deposit. We will deduct the cost of any unpaid utilities and telephone charges from your Security Deposit if the correct amount is not left in cash on departure.
- Staff services are included and excluded as specified on your booking confirmation or contract package listed above. Additional cleaning and cooking services are usually available by separate payment.
- If you arrange in advance for additional services, you will be responsible for the charges, even if you cancel. Payment terms are the same as stated above for utilities. Please give us as much notice as possible for these services.
- Some properties require an Extras Deposit for such purposes as having funds available to the house staff on or before arrival for advance shopping, arrival dinner, defraying the costs of utilities and the like. In the event of an Extra Deposit our staff will inform you of the amount upon arrival. The Extras Deposit, if applicable, is to be paid with the balance payment on the property rental or in Euro on arrival at the property. Extras Deposit funds will be accounted for in full by the end of the stay. Remaining Extras Deposit funds will be returned to you by Living Apulia in Euro simultaneously with the return of your remaining Security Deposit.
- All properties are checked regularly by Living Apulia representatives to ensure that they meet the required standards and that they are accurately reflected in descriptions and promotional material. Whilst the company will do all that is reasonably possible to ensure that properties comply with descriptions or to rectify any problems which arise as a result of changes to properties and/or chattels, it cannot accept responsibility for last minute changes or variations outside of its control.
- Complaints should be filed within 24 hours of any occurrence (of the cause of the complaints arising) to the area representative or directly to Living Apulia in writing (email@example.com), who will endeavor to resolve the problem(s), or find an alternative solution. Complaints giving rise to claims for compensation must be directed to our office in writing within 24 hours of the end of the rental period. Claims arising outside of this period will be rendered invalid.
- In addition, should the client leave the property for whatever reason prior to contracted period without notifying Living Apulia in writing beforehand, any claims for compensation are rendered null and void.
- Neither Living Apulia, nor any of its rental partners will be liable for any claims, actions, injuries, damages, loss, delays, or expenses arising out of or resulting from any of the following: any act or omission of any third-party contractor supplying services on your trip, including but not limited to transportation, hotel, food, or sightseeing services; strikes; the failure of aircraft, watercraft, or any other means of transportation to arrive or depart as scheduled.
- It is important that clients understand and acknowledge that many of the villas have a historical value, and are furnished with antiques and period furniture which are different from today’s modern furnishings and appliances. In addition, many of the properties have inherent dangers such as swimming pools, dry stone walls, un-gated access to roads, staircases, unfenced drops etc. These properties offer the opportunity to the client to live for a short time in a different world where tradition and history form a part of the local life and culture.
- Neither Living Apulia nor the property Owners can accept any liability for accidents occurring. The Client must accept full responsibility and take all necessary safety precautions. Equally, no claims of any sort will be entertained in the event of incidents or accidents occur whilst occupants or guests are under the influence of alcohol or any non-therapeutic drug.
- We decline responsibility for any modifications made by the owners without our knowledge. We also do not accept responsibility for the breakdown of the supply of utilities or other essential services though we will, through our local team and in collaboration with the property Owners, use our best efforts to arrange for these problems to be solved. Such an inconvenience does not entitle you to a refund, but if you must be moved to a hotel for the duration of repairs, that cost will be borne by the property Owners.
- If you have any problem during your stay, please phone the representative listed on your booking confirmation. Living Apulia must be notified within 24 hours of the occurrence giving rise to the claim and must then be notified in writing before you vacate the premises. Complaints lodged at the end of the rental period will not be taken into consideration. Should you abandon the property without authorization from owner or representative you will lose all rights to compensation.
- The client, signing the Booking Form, is responsible for the correct and decent behavior of his/her entire party in residence. Should the person and his/her party behave in such a manner that is not acceptable by civilized standards, the property Owner or representative may ask the person and his/her party to vacate the house without compensation.
- Access to swimming pools is denied to any kind of pets and to any children younger than age 10 or younger without adult supervision. Guest swim at their own risk at all times.
Outdoor swimming pools are open from May to October (depending on weather conditions).
- The property Owner or representatives reserve the right to inspect the property at any time during the rental period in order to continue to preserve the cleanness and order of the Villa.
- Only those persons listed on the Booking Form may use the property. The number of people must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated in the property listing. Infants in portable cribs can sometimes be accommodated over and above the number of persons permitted but this must be explicitly agreed to in advance before payment is due. Clients are responsible for providing portable cribs.
- Should a representative of the Owner or Living Apulia find any violations to this clause, it is totally up to her/his discretion to ask the client to vacate the house without compensation.
- Photocopies of passports for all guests must be provided in advance to comply with local Italian law.
- This contract is governed by the laws of the Italian Courts, which have exclusive jurisdiction over any claims, disputes or other matters in question between the parties in the event of litigation.
Living Apulia Di Pesch Alexandra Elisabeth
Ceglie Messapica (BR), Italy
Partita Iva 02457510747
Codice Fiscale: : PSC LND 56H51Z112C